Cannot send mail

On my server dashboard i see

when trying to restart nothing happend.
roundcube says connection with IMAP server failed.
multiple times server reboot.

where to look for more information?

Thanks in advance

What does upcp -b report?

Output;

upcp -b
remote: Enumerating objects: 81, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (81/81), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (40/40), done.
remote: Total 43 (delta 33), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (43/43), 6.79 KiB | 117.00 KiB/s, done.
From https://gitlab.com/apisnetworks/apnscp
   ef5fa00d..1d920a64  master     -> origin/master
From https://gitlab.com/apisnetworks/apnscp
 * branch              master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Updating fc84cec4..1d920a64
error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge:
        lib/Opcenter/Admin/Settings/Cgroup/Version.php
Please move or remove them before you merge.
Aborting
Compiled services and packages files removed!
Nothing to migrate.
Nothing to migrate.

PLAY RECAP **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=1826 changed=52   unreachable=0    failed=0    skipped=798  rescued=1    ignored=0

Schermafbeelding 2023-10-02 193345

Run upcp -f to clear any local changes, then run upcp -b again.

after:
upcp -f :

TASK [software/argos : Test SMTP server] ****************************************************************************************************************************************************
An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was: smtplib.SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed: timed out
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"attempts": 2, "changed": false, "failed_when_result": true, "msg": "Unable to Connect 127.0.0.1:587: Connection unexpectedly closed: timed out", "rc": 1}

TASK [software/argos : Change password for monit] *******************************************************************************************************************************************
changed: [localhost]

RUNNING HANDLER [common : Restart postfix] **************************************************************************************************************************************************
changed: [localhost]

PLAY RECAP **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=1830 changed=18   unreachable=0    failed=0    skipped=808  rescued=1    ignored=0

That looks fine. systemctl status postfix dovecot. Both should report up.

Both running.
but i still cannot send mail.
webmail / roundcube is working to login now. when sending mail smtp error -1

Based upon that information, your server ran out of storage and Postfix wrote an incomplete database record. This is in line with the other symptoms you are experiencing.

rm -f /var/lib/postfix/*.db ; systemctl restart postfix

Consider setting up Argos to forward you messages to your phone (or other endpoint) when you get close to using up available system storage.

hmm there is 64% storage used…

tryed the command. still no mail…

I would need to see the log file from /var/log/maillog otherwise it is impossible to provide further guidance after making the prescribed changes.

i dont see /var/log/maillog …

Log is always there. It’s where IMAP/POP3/SMTP logs to; see DEBUGGING.md.

Here’s a screenshot from the demo server for example.

im sorry yes is it :slight_smile:
:sleeping: looking in the wrong folder.
it is working again - I think I should have been a little more patient