System Requirements

Hello. Ex. Plesk hostage here. Very excited to discover ApisCP. Plenty to learn from. Seriously excited like when I had 20 :smile:

Can someone clarify, system requirements vary a bit and I am not trying to nitpick but what does this mean:

https://docs.apiscp.com/ - system requirements here says CentOS/RedHat 7+
but then here:
Installation | ApisCP Docs - * RHEL/CentOS 7.4+/8+ or CentOS 8 Stream or Rocky Linux or AlmaLinux

Because of the deviation, I am confused. Does the + sign after 8 indicates that AlmaLinux 9 is supported? Or is that the sign that all consecutive releases within version 8 are supported?

Just asking whatā€™s the best way to start so a bit confused with system requirements. I am fine with AlmaLinux 8.10 (Cerulean Leopard) but if 9 is supported then why not?

If you were starting today which OS you pick for ApisCP

Also, can someone explain lifetime licenses? I would love to purchase some. Thereā€™s a " Save 50% on all lifetime licenses with code ANNIVERSARY" on the main site but in the backend, thereā€™s no place to enter the code at the checkout. Though perhaps it is on step 2in the checkout? I intend to purchase three licenses even though I only need two - one is just to support the ApisCP project. ApisCP seems like a fantastic alternative to devastating ā€œI want to be all and everything so here are mediocre featuresā€ commercial alternatives.

ApisCP - a moment of fresh air haha

7 went EOL in June. Support for 9 will be available around end of year. Stick with Rocky 8. Iā€™ve seen kernel anomalies in AlmaLinux 8 that give me pause ever since they reneged on their bug-for-bug/1:1 commitment in lieu of binary compatibility, a weaker standard.

Indeed it is.

1 Like

Iā€™ll start with Rocky. Thank you for your response.