When installing laravel

I cannot install laravel as webapp anymore?
The jobrunner gives me this error:

Blockquote
TypeError: Module\Support\Webapps\App\Type\Laravel\Reconfiguration\Verlock::semverFromVersion(): Argument #1 ($version) must be of type string, null given, called in /usr/local/apnscp/lib/Module/Support/Webapps/App/Type/Laravel/Reconfiguration/Verlock.php on line 49 and defined in /usr/local/apnscp/lib/Module/Support/Webapps/App/Type/Laravel/Reconfiguration/Verlock.php:60
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/apnscp/lib/Module/Support/Webapps/App/Type/Laravel/Reconfiguration/Verlock.php(49): Module\Support\Webapps\App\Type\Laravel\Reconfiguration\Verlock->semverFromVersion(NULL, ‘minor’)
#1 /usr/local/apnscp/lib/Module/Support/Webapps/App/Reconfigurator.php(85): Module\Support\Webapps\App\Type\Laravel\Reconfiguration\Verlock->apply(‘minor’)
#2 /usr/local/apnscp/lib/Deferred.php(23): Module\Support\Webapps\App\Reconfigurator->Module\Support\Webapps\App{closure}()

Without knowing more information such as the PHP version of the site or Laravel version you’re attempting to install, this is likely a red herring. The core issue is that your PHP pool version is too old to support the requested Laravel version.

That type error is just a deferred callback that gets fired at the end irrespective installation success.

10.x requires 8.1 minimum. 11.x requires 8.2.

You may change your pool version within Web > PHP Pools.

I have enabled 8.3 on the domain it have this error.
Currently running edge-major and I defaulted php 8.2.

I also ran into errors installing Laravel from Web Apps on a brand new installation yesterday. Alma Linux 8, PHP 8.2 and everything else ApisCP installed by default.

I won’t be able to reproduce the errors until I migrate some more of my domains over, the others are already setup now, but I can post a bug report once I do.

Thanks for the bug report. Run upcp to update release code.

Previously it was using laravel/laravel to guess related framework version. 11.1.4 is the latest laravel/laravel release but now laravel/framework releases move at a faster pace, so this means of guessing the corresponding package is no longer valid.

2 Likes

Does this mean I have to re-install the server since it broke on initial installation? Or will upcp be sufficient?

As additional:

Re-run bootstrapper, after finished install and logon i see:

mysqlconn
Last output
mysql: Deprecated program name. It will be removed in a future release, use ‘/usr/bin/mariadb’ instead

I believe you intend to follow up here? New server deploy - #12 by anatoli

Warning has been squelched in Argos now. Please refer further commentary to the other thread as this isn’t related to the current issue.